Next steps for taking Ranexa
Here’s some helpful guidance about your medication as you start or continue on treatment.
How to take Ranexa
Ranexa is available by prescription only.
- Take Ranexa exactly as your doctor tells you.
- Your doctor will tell you how much Ranexa to take and when to take it.
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to.
- Tell your doctor if you still have symptoms of angina after starting Ranexa.
- Take Ranexa by mouth, with or without food.
- Swallow the Ranexa tablets whole. Do not crush, break or chew Ranexa tablets before swallowing.
- If you miss a dose of Ranexa, wait to take the next dose of Ranexa at your regular time. Do not make up for the missed dose. Do not take more than 1 dose at a time.
- If you take too much Ranexa, call your doctor or go to the nearest emergency room right away.
What important information should I know about Ranexa?
Get a better understanding of what Ranexa is and learn about possible side effects that may occur with treatment.
Remember, it's always important to keep your doctor updated if you have any side effect that bothers you or does not go away.